What is a RSS feed?
RSS is expanded as Really Simple Syndication. Any new entry on a website that needs to shared with the users is presented through a RSS feed. We visit a favorite site in order to check whats new on it but by subscribing a RSS feed of that site, the updates will be automatically provided to us. The feed could be a blog, news, video or an audio presented in a standardized format. The format includes metadata and complete or summarized text.
How RSS feed helpful for a website?
Having a RSS feed on your website helps you to connect to your visitors in a more interactive way. Any new development in your business can be conveyed to your visitors or clients. It helps in enhancing as well as promoting your business. It saves your time. You must be thinking how this RSS feed option added to your Website? We present you with 7 simple steps of creating RSS feed for your site.
- Step 1 :- Either create your website or make your own webpage with www.blogger.com.
- Step 2 :- If you create a site for yourself you have to acquire RSS feed for it but if you have made a webpage with blogger.com or any other such site, RSS feed is automatically generated. You have to publicize about your RSS feed on your site.
- Step 3 :- If You can check out sites like Dapper and Google's Feedburner for burning of your feeds. These sites help you track the movement of the visitors and information about what is popular among them.
- Step 4 :- You can make your RSS feeds yourself. Divide your feed into three parts Title Description (carrying information of your site, new entries like articles, etc. and contact details or images) and a link.
- Step 5 :- The RSS information shall be enclosed with either the XML or RSS versions used by you. Also, these must be followed by item tags.
- Step 6 :- After the feed is created the most important thing is to promote it. Submit your feed on RSS submission sites available on net.
- Step 7 :- This will help the search engines to pick up your feeds and the visitors can reach your site through these feeds.
Thus by following these 7 easy steps you can create RSS feed for website. The RSS feed will help in drawing more traffic to your site and will make your website a successful one.