Writing reader-friendly content is indispensable to engage web traffic in today's competitive world. But, what's more important is to make your content SEO-friendly. From simple task like creating a catchy headline to more complex work of adding links, your content should be search engine optimized to gain visibility in the vast expanse of internet. Some people work on the SEO tactics by themselves to optimize their content, while bigger organizations hire SEO professionals to get their content optimized. SEO, today, has become a huge business due to several reasons like gaining visibility, credibility, branding and increased traffic on the website. So, if you also desire to enjoy these benefits with your content, then read these five tips to make your content SEO-friendly now.
- Uniqueness Of Your Content Almost every writer has been advised sometime in his/her life to write a unique content. But the question is how? Whatever topic you choose, there is a great chance that content related to it is already available on the internet. So is it impossible to deliver a unique content? Well, its not impossible; it just takes a bit of learning. All the writers should keep this in mind that unique is a very flexible word. Your basic idea should be unique, no doubts about that, but if it that becomes too exhausting then take the unconventional way of presenting your work in a unique manner. Incorporate your individualistic style in your work and you will be ready to serve something new with any mainstream topic. Many sites like TweakYourBiz have many innovative ideas to help you get started with the content.
- Link Your Content Internally As Well As Externally Simply said, linking is nothing but adding hyperlinks of your previous content or other resource pages on your current content. Once you have drafted your content, adding internal and external links would not only show the relevance of your content but also keep the web traffic engaged to your website. Google always prefers a content that has many links and that respects the originality of the source website. While adding links make sure to link your content to relevant pages from which information is taken and the pages that give extra information on the particular topic.
- Manage Your Keyword Usage Gone are the days when you could overstuff your content with keywords to optimize it for various search engines. Nowadays, search engines use filters to discard off the content that seems even a little overstuffed. Having not more than one or two long tail keywords in your post would not only make it SEO-friendly but also keep you focused on your content. Create a buyer persona for your content and research your keywords accordingly. Once done with the keywords, know where to place them. Make sure to include your head keyword in the title, once or twice in the body, the meta-description and the URL too. Use sites like Google Analytics, MOZ or Hubspot to find solution for your keyword search.
- Give More Than Just Reading Content Make your content rich, not just with the quality that you deliver, but also with various multimedia tools. Backlinko did a research on one million Google search results only to find out that, Content with at least one image significantly outperformed content without any images. Adding images to the content only makes it more attractive, engaging and pleasing to the eye. It adds to the aesthetic beauty of the page and that is what we want to keep the reader engaged. Adding videos for that matter is also optional for you to engage more readers with the graphic and moving content. Use Google optimized images which also come up in the Google image search, thereby providing a link to your website.
- Tools For Improvement The quality of your content is the most important thing to not only keep the user glued to your site but also avail preference by various search engines. Once you are done with your content, its time you review your work to enhance the quality of your post. There are various tools available on the internet that would help you analyze and reassess your content. While sites like Readable tells you the overall readability score of your content, Hemingway Editor, on the other hand, highlights sentences that are hard to read and then lets you make changes accordingly. Essay Mama makes your content SEO friendly and helps proofread and edit it while Plagtracker tells the originality of your content. Other tools that one can use for writing SEO-friendly content are Keyword Density Checker and SEO Optimization.
Writing SEO-friendly content is no rocket science. One just needs to keep the above mentioned tips in mind while writing the content to optimize it for various search engines. Also keep in mind that SERP rankings are never achieved overnight. It takes time to reach the ultimate goal. Till then, just keep your post optimized and ensure a reader-friendly approach to enjoy great traffic.