Search Engine Optimizers do not always have a fixed picture of what to do and what not to do as the algorithms created by different search engines frequently keep changing. But Back Linking is one option which, if done correctly, can remarkably increase the ranking of a website on the search engines. Giving the right direction towards the same, this write-up has some of the tips to be followed while building back links.
- Build back links from variety of sites : While building back links, focus on having a variety of websites which you link from. If your incoming link is built using only one IP address then the value of your website is surely to diminish. Unique article Wizard, SEO Link Vine, Directory Submitter are some of the tools which allow you to submit your site to multiple directories, multiple RSS aggregators and which help you to create and submit articles to multiple article submission sites.
- Include keywords within the anchor text : It is important that the anchor text matches with the theme of the site. This can be done by writing the anchor text which consists of most of the keywords. It allows creation of links from sites which include these keywords and increase the value of the back links.
- Focus on getting your links indexed fast : It is not always necessary that you make your back links from highly trafficked sites which are constantly updated and frequently crawled by the search engine spiders. In such cases it is important to use other steps to get your back links crawled and indexed in time. Some of these steps are submitting your link to RSS Directories and Social Bookmarking Sites.
- Keep a track of your website ranking : Keep a track of your website ranking depending on the keywords used in your websites. Constantly update your website for keywords as you are building links to your websites.
- Create Link Bait : Link Baits are those highlights in your websites which compel other site owners to make back links to your site. As you are building back links, focus on having a variety of sites which you link from rather than building large numbers of links from just a few sites. Some popular strategies for creating bait links are:
- Refer free website templates or graphics, and Video tutorials or instructional articles/posts
- Free plug ins
- post press release and articles about popular topics
Along with following the above back link building strategies, the Optimizers should have a updated knowledge of the latest algorithms issued by the leading search engines. It ensures that the website is not optimized using illegal means, and the website will not be blacklisted by the search engines.