When we talk about internet marketing, the importance of creating a landing page cannot be denied. A landing page is an opportunity for you to showcase your selling skills in short; it is a page that helps you make your sales. Thus, a sales page is a lifeline for any business and how you design it determines the making and breaking of a business. When you get to design a landing page, you put your skills of words and design on test.
Contents of an Effective Landing Page
Whatever be the goal of your landing page, to get the readers involved, there are 3 main elements you need to pay special attention on:
- Attractive Design
- Compelling Copy
In an effective landing page, all these elements interact and blend with each other perfectly. Thus, to help you out with creating an awesome, effective landing page here are a few quick tips.
- Designing a perfect Layout : A recent study by the Stanford University proved that, If your website looked shabby, chances are, that you'd lose your customers before they even get a chance to look at your website.Thus, when designing a layout, your aim should be to keep the reader completely focused on the message. You should always aim at including links that are absolutely necessary, such as: the Buy Now Button or Video Review of your product. You should always remember that anything that takes the reader away from the landing route is a potential escape route. The only links that your landing page should have are:
- Finding more about the product
- Buying the product
- Back Button Optimize and choose product specific images : Images are powerful, they attract instant eyeballs. A write-up with plenty of images encourages reader to keep scrolling down and look for more information. However, when designing a landing page, more the images, the more would your landing page seem cluttered.
- Adequate Spacing : Progressing with the concept of minimalistic theme, an effective landing page should be spacious with plenty of white spaces.
Why Adequate Spacing?
A landing page is your pitch to potential customers. Whitespaces in the design allows the user to think and gives them a sense of control by making their life easier.
- Call to Action: Be it a buy button or any call to action button in a landing page. You should always ensure that the button bodes a color that contrasts the rest of the pages and makes it stand out.