Social Media Optimization is all about optimizing your website/blog for greater exposure on social media platforms and searches. Though SMO, in its initial phase, was concerned largely with driving traffic to a website from social networking sites like Facebook, etc; today it has grown and is, more or less, considered an integral part of SEO. This is because reputed search engines are taking the recommendations of social network users into consideration in order to determine the ranking of particular pages in search engine results.
5 Tips For Effective SMO (Social Media Optimization) Tip
- Tip 1# Contribute Quality Content This would mean that you will have to do thorough research about the subject matter, share what experts have to say about the subject matter, present your thoughtful insights and so on. Once the social network users identify your page as a source of useful information, you will slowly build a positive reputation.
- Tip 2# Focus On Engaging The Audience This could include sharing other people's content, posting comments, liking and sharing, and so on. Customer Engagement is a very important concept in marketing and applies here in SMO as well.
- Tip 3# Create Value For The Users This point is in direct relation to first tip i.e. to contribute quality content; by providing good content you can get more people to like, share, re-tweet, bookmark your page. The more people share your content, the more value you will have & the search engines will view you as an expert in the field. This should be an important part of your SMO strategy.
- Tip 4# Build Up a High Quality Network This is yet another aspect you should focus on for an effective SMO strategy. Keep track of the experts in your field and try to engage them. You could have a discussion or share your ideas or start a debate even. One thing to remember here is that quantity is never as important as quality; so the number of people in your network doesn't matter, what matters is who all are part of your network.
- Tip 5# Increase Your Visibility Here again, it is important to note that the focus should be on joining the right communities, rather than being a part of countless communities. Be a part of those communities where your target audience hangs out.
These are some of the important steps that contribute to building up an effective SMO strategy. Following these tips will go a long way in ensuring that your website is successful in attracting maximum traffic.