WordPress is one of the major content management systems and is expanding its web grasp with each passing second. Today, it is powering over 34% of the total websites in the world and the number has escalated by 4% since last year. As WordPress comes with thousands of plugins and themes, it empowers the WordPress web designers to play with elements and design new and innovative websites. However, all these features and functionalities work so long as the site is loading smoothly and not experiencing any type of downtime or performance error. Yes, there can be a number of problems that a website might face due to various reasons and improper hosting is one of the most important of them.
That's why, in this write-up, we are going to talk about the different types of web hosting available in the digital ecosystem and how we can eliminate most of the problems with the help of dedicated WordPress hosting offered by many providers.
Types Of Web Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting: As the name suggests, a dedicated hosting is one where you get an entire physical server for your website. This type of hosting bars any other website to share the hosting with you and keeps all the features and functionalities to your website.
- Shared Hosting: Shared web hosting is one of the most commonly used web hosting for smaller websites as it allows the sites to have the space and memory they to function properly. Other websites are also sharing the same hosting plan with you and their usage might affect your site performance.
- Cloud Hosting: Advancement and innovation in technology have given rise to cloud hosting that allows a website to host on server that is available in the cloud. In this type of hosting, many small servers are combined for the formation of a larger server in the cloud. Being in the cloud, it can easily offer great performance, even during high traffic inflow.
- Virtual Private Server Hosting: A virtual private server hosting or VPS hosting divides a single powerful server into multiple smaller server virtually; thus, adding a layer of privacy to your server. It acts like a dedicated server in a way and does not let other site's performance or traffic affect your website. Many even fail to differentiate between VPS and shared hosting; VPS offers higher security and privacy than shared hosting.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: As the name implies, managed WordPress web hosting is one that is specifically designed for the WordPress website owners. This type of hosting plan assists the WordPress website owners with set-up and maintenance as well.
Problems That A Dedicated Hosting Solves
- Unsatisfactory Website Performance: One of the biggest problems faced by the website owners today is that their website becomes slower with time and lags behind when loading. This could be due to surge in traffic on other websites sharing the same server as yours. With dedicated WordPress web hosting, your performance is not hampered as the server is dedicatedly offering space for your traffic. Moreover, a dedicated server ensures that your WordPress website does not experience any downtime. On a shared hosting plan, it is normal for other websites to experience spike in traffic, which might take down your website. However, this problem is completely eliminated with a dedicated website hosting.
- Cyber Attack & Other Security Risks: Storing your website and its important data on a shared server is always an invitation to the cyber hackers and breaches. Not just that, a shared hosting might also make your website vulnerable to any of the security issue that other websites on the same server are experiencing. There is always a chance of malicious and corrupted files carrying malware to spread out to your site and corrupt it. A dedicated WordPress web hosting plan would eliminate this risk completely. Moreover, WordPress web hosting ensures that your website, themes, plugins, etc., are updated with time to avoid any other security risks as well.
- Unable To Recover & Restore: One of the biggest problems that any WordPress website owner can face is if their site goes completely blank. Owing to some technical issue or a simple fault, all the data, plugins, customization, codes, posts, media files, everything can be deleted permanently. And in case you haven't made a backup of the file, it can be a nightmare. This problem comes with a self-made solution on dedicated WordPress hosting. It comes with the feature of automated backup which ensures that a backup is created for everything without you having to worry. Moreover, you can even enjoy the one-click-restore feature offered by many dedicated WordPress web hosting provider which will get your website up and running in just a single click.
- Zero Support For Any Fixture: While a majority of the web hosting providers have their own support community to assist website owners with any error, bugs or site fixture, there are many errors that might arise in a WordPress site which might not be fixed by them. That's where a dedicated WordPress web hosting provider comes to assistance. They have full knowledge of the errors in WordPress and can offer an instant solution for the same as well. They do not need time to guess the error and fix it in the shortest time possible.
Whether you are the owner of a small blog posting website or are running a powerful website with thousands of visitors each day like The New York Times or The Walt Disney Company, a site powered by WordPress has the functionalities to perform even during traffic spikes. All you need is a dedicated WordPress hosting to ensure that your site does not see any downtime and performs well all the time.