The first question that comes to mind whenever you are thinking of website or website designing is CMS. So exactly what is a content management system or CMS? A content management system or CMS is a type of computer software that is mostly used to create and manage along with modifying digital content on the web. It is mostly used by bloggers to create blogs. CMS create a website without the need of specialized technical knowledge and therefore is a user-friendly and more popular mean of creating a website. It is one of the main service options that is available as a Web Designing Service in Delhi. Though according to market research there are various CMS currently available in the market the undisputed king is WordPress. Yet with many more options being available in the market there are more than taking over the internet. One such is Joomla.
Finding the right CMS can be hard work to do like a lot of factors are directly dependent on it and choosing the wrong one can make you suffer in the long run.
WordPress and Joomla are currently the major and popular running CMS in the market and both have their advantages and disadvantages. But finding the right place to invest your money is what is the most important decision. Below mentioned is a detailed comparison between the two most famous CMS Joomla vs WordPress.
Both CMS WordPress and Joomla come with a bunch of built-in features and functionalities which makes both of them stand apart from the crowd. the more features your CMS has the less you have to worry about extensions and therefore finding the right CMS with the right amount of features will help you cut down a lot of your worries. Below mentioned is a detailed comparison between both
When it comes to an engaging audience on the internet there is a lot more than just your own country. Internet is available to all and therefore the audience is also available from almost every part of the world. You are most likely to engage traffic if your website is multilingual. Joomla is one such CMS platform that comes with built-in multilingual functionality. You do not additionally need to buy or install an extension of plugins to make your website ready for any language. On the other hand, WordPress comes with the problem of installing an additional plugin that is neither free nor easy. Hence in the very first place, you are incurring an additional cost.
It is believed that content management system WordPress accounts for almost 60% of the total CMS present currently in the market. This makes it a more popular and widely used CMS option and with great popularity comes the problem of being a target to security vulnerabilities. Though WordPress comes with thousands of plugins it is not always possible to make sure that all the plugins ensure proper safety and security. As Joomla is comparatively less popular therefore, the problem of security issues is much less of a worry with this. With built-in security features like SSL, Google ReCaptcha, and two-factor authentication which security is guaranteed with Joomla.
The main problem that most people face while surfing the website is the problem of a broken link. It can be harmful to the reputation of the website as in whole. The easiest way to resolve this issue is by redirection. Once you put a redirection link to the broken link you can easily be redirected to your targeted page. Joomla website builder comes with specifically built-in URL redirection. You can easily fix any broken links which redirection links found in Joomla. Though just like Joomla even WordPress comes with a specific redirection link it takes the help of a plugin. The basic and main problem with the plugins is that more than half of them do not work properly and to get any proper plugin you need to spend some extra cash in there.
A cache is a type of data that is stored temporarily within the system to fasten up the loading process. It is a defaulted mechanism that enables to browse faster than any other normal site. WordPress does not have any such functions as built-in caching and therefore you need to install or by an external plugin for this purpose. Whereas Joomla comes with a built in caching option
When it comes to customer support and finding a solution for the problems you face while using these CMS WordPress is the winner. As WordPress has bigger and better support forums it allows various customers to find a better solution to their problems. But unlike WordPress, the number of people who use Joomla is less in number and hence the problems might not be supported by the community available online. A simple question like how to create a website using Joomla, would require extensive search to get a perfect answer.
These were a major difference between WordPress and Joomla that requires special mention while discussing the features of both these CMS.
- Pros and cons of WordPress and Joomla
- Both Joomla and WordPress come packed with pros and cons. There are various places where Joomla overtakes WordPress and vice versa.
Here are a few advantages of using WordPress -
- WordPress already comes with a lot of extensions and plugins which makes it one of the most appropriate CMS platforms. It is extremely user-friendly as it requires almost no coding skills to design pages.
- WordPress comes with a minimal install interface and also a very quick and fast installation process.
- It is one of the best CMS platforms for those who are only looking for blogging and is a great place for professional developers
- As WordPress comes with a huge community the support available from the third party is massive and reliable
Here are a few disadvantages of WordPress -
- WordPress is mostly dependent on extensions and plugins.
- Most of the websites created by WordPress are hacked very easily, therefore, making safety and security a major flaw
- WordPress lacks of flexibility, which causes a major drawback as its features
- Joomla on the other hand also does come with a lot of advantages-
Joomla provides great content management.
- It is appropriate and mostly suitable for a multi user environment.
- It allows you to have a preview before the installation process starts of the configuration.
- Joomla is more user-friendly and powerful in nature.
- Joomla comes with a set of different kinds of templates which makes it attractive to various customers.
- Disadvantages of Joomla
- it offers less customizable options and features
- it does not have many plugins and extensions and therefore can be an issue to those who do not know to code.
- As Joomla cannot handle complex web projects it is not quite appropriate for blogging.
This was a detailed and proper comparison drawn between two major CMS, WordPress and Joomla based upon their pros and cons. Though both WordPress and Joomla are packed with major advantages and disadvantages, it is safe to say that both of these platform try to ensure good quality product back to their customers and audience. To get the best and most dynamic website designs you can always opt for Weblinkindia as your one stop solution for all website related matters and issues.