With the internet gaining prominence each passing day, more and more businesses go for creating their own website. The prime objective behind designing the website is expansion of business and getting more customers. To fulfill this purpose, it is essential that you go for the correct website design as the design largely affects the success or failure of a website. A good website design is one which is simple, easy to read and user friendly. For a business website, the first and foremost thing is a Professional Look.
The Website Design should give a neat and professional look to the website and it should not be cluttered or look shabby. You can be sure of hitting the bull's eye, if your design reflects the exact needs of your business. Make sure that your visitors enjoy the time they spent on your site. Your website should meet your needs and expectations, not only in function but also in design. Apart from this the things that your Website Design should most definitely have include:
- Simplicity - The key to an effective Website design is its simplicity. Use of dark colors and fancy fonts may spoil the look of the webpage rather than enhancing it. Many a times, designers use a lot of graphics and animations which makes the page heavy and hence it takes a long time to load, which might irritate the user.
- Beware Of The Bells & Whistles - Many a time websites are designed using flash animation, ASP databases and all kinds of bells and whistles even when they are inappropriate for the particular site. Moreover, these can keep people with older browsers and slow internet connections away from seeing the website.
- Organization Of Web Pages - The website and its web pages must be organized in a logical manner. The arrangement should provide smooth transition from one page to another and should not be time consuming.
- Provision Of Interacting With User - Your website must have a provision for interacting with the users for which you can place a Contact us page in the website.
- Content & Theme - The content and theme of the website should be within the reality of your potential customers. The customers should be able to relate the theme of your website with your business otherwise they might get confused and loose interest. Try to lead by the content and not entirely by design.
In addition, you can take reference from a few websites that are similar to what you want, to have a clearer picture of what you want. Choosing the correct website designing company and designer is equally important. Also remember, that your design should facilitate the user in every way and provide the easiest navigability to ensure that your web design will hit the correct target.