Today, Internet is the most important source of gathering and providing information to us as users of this technology. Internet includes websites, which further includes useful webpages embedded in those websites. Millions of users worldwide are using the internet and millions of servers are being accessed making the speed of websites sluggish and thus reducing its performance scale. There are various different means and ways in which you can increase the speed of your websites. You want to know how?...Keep reading then
Tips that will help enhance the loading speed of your website:
- Most of our time is spent in the loading of components in webpages like different images, style sheets, script and flash. If these components are reduced, then the speed of the websites become faster as the number of HTTP requests required to render the pages is reduced.
- Simplifying the page design also helps in speeding up of the website but simplifying the page may reduce its appeal. A way to combat this problem would be to make combined files like combining all the scripts into a single script and combining all the Cascading Style Sheets into a single style sheet. Combining multiple images into a single image also helps.
- Using a content delivery network, which is a collection of web servers distributed across multiple locations to deliver content more proficiently to the users, will help in the speeding up of the websites. In CDN, the server which is used to distribute content to the users is based on the degree of network proximity. In CDN, when a user wants to access some content, the server with few network stages or the quickest response time is chosen. There are various CDN provider companies, which offer services to Internet Companies.
- Always put the style sheets at the top or at the HEAD of the document as it speeds up the websites.
- Scripts in websites sometimes block parallel downloads. It is always advisable to put the scripts at the bottom of a document though it is not an easy task. An alternative option is to use deferred scripts. The deferred attribute specifies that the script does not contain document and it helps the browsers to continue rendering information.
- Containing Java Scripts and Cascading Style Sheets in the external files also help in the speeding up of the websites. If Java Script and Cascading Style Sheets are embedded in the HTML document, they get downloaded every time, the HTML document is requested.
- Minifying the Java Scripts and Cascading Style Sheets also aids in the speeding up of the websites. Minifying basically means removing unnecessary characters from the code to reduce its size which helps in load times.
- It reduces the performance of the website if duplicate Java Scripts are embedded in a page. Duplicate Java Scripts reduce performance of the pages by creating unnecessary HTTP requests.
Though there are many other ways to speed up the performance of websites, the above mentioned are some of the most vital ones. It is very important to deliver the information to the users efficiently and quickly to improve the credibility of the website.