The past 10 years have witnessed a dramatic shift of various businesses towards digital marketing instead of the traditional and old means of marketing. This shift is prominently visible in different companies and is now considered as a strong pillar in any organization's success. While major companies that profit from these digital trends are aware of its happening and facts, some other are still stuck with the various myths related to it.
While some feel that digital marketing is quite easy and convenient as compared to traditional marketing, others can be seen opinionating that it is free of cost. Let me clear it out that all these are mere myths. These misconceptions should be cleared right away in order to avail the best benefits of digital marketing. Given below are some of the myths related to digital marketing and the truth behind them.
Myth: It Is Easier Than Traditional Marketing
- People feel that digital marketing is much easier when compared to traditional marketing. It does not require the efforts that were earlier needed in putting up fliers or sending out emails etc. All it takes is posting blogs and balancing the social media pages. The results in digital marketing are also much quicker.
Truth: It Is Not As Easy As It Seems
- Digital Marketing takes the same efforts, energy and time as traditional marketing, sometimes even more; if done carefully, the results of the first one can be much better than the latter one. Social Media Today says that Digital Marketing is not a panacea that people perceive it to be. One needs to work on several tactics and techniques to connect with the audience to get better results.
Myth: It Serves Only The Youth
- People feel that digital marketing is only targeted at the youth as the elder population is not that much into the digital or social tools.
Truth: It Serve All The Generations Alike
- Digital Marketing helps to serve every generation in the same way. While some state that social media sites easily target the age group of 25-34, which makes around 29.7% of the total social media users, International Business Times reports this age to be around 25-55. They can be used to market or build the brand online and increase business revenue only if the organization keeps the target audience in mind while putting out the content and drafting the entire marketing campaign.
Myth: It Cannot Be Applied To Every Business
- People feel that digital marketing cannot be applied to every business. It is only limited to certain industries and everything cannot be marketed digitally.
Truth: It Can Be Used To Market Even The Most Basic Things
- Digital Marketing has the power to create a buzz online for any product; be it a razor or even your lavatory products. Create a niche for your audience, study their needs and come up with the best ways to market any and every product online to garner more audience.
Myth: It Does Not 0000Entertain SEO Practices Anymore
- People now feel that SEO practices are dead in digital marketing. There are speculations that search engine optimization is no longer required to build a brand image online, the content is all it takes.
Truth: Quality SEO Practices Can Never Be Dead
- Digital Marketing now, does call for quality content rather than quantity, but that does not suggest that you completely forego the SEO practices. While no one now suggests stuffing keywords or backlinks to optimize a specific content, there still is a need to have a limited number of keywords and links to informative sites to gain rankings on various search engines. Writing SEO-friendly content is as important as quality content even now.
Myth: It Works On The Concept Of The Bigger, The Better
- People feel that giving away large chunks of content is enough to market the content digitally. Having a large number of posts and links can retain the viewers.
Truth: Nothing Can Surpass A Good Quality Content
- Digital Marketing was basically started using the quantity over quality concept. Today, it has become indispensable to have a good quality content rather than focusing on the number of posts made. Google algorithms can dismiss any content that they find qualitatively poor or stuffed with links. Have a unique idea for the content and use it effectively while keeping the target audience in mind.
Myth: It Requires You To Have A Website And That's All
- People feel that digital marketing is all about having a website and not making any changes whatsoever with time.
Truth: It Requires Time, Dedication And Various Tactics
- Digital Marketing is much more than just having a website for the organization. You need to incorporate various tactics and work on it from time to time to carve a niche in the industry. The website should be regularly updated with various posts and optimized content to attract the target audience. Work to improve your site for better user experience.
Working according to these myths would not only keep you outdated but also lessen your impact on the audience. Know the truth behind these myths to achieve success in your digital marketing venture. Come up with a unique idea and work on it to avail the best benefits of this marketing.