Mobile website design is a far cry from designing a desktop website. This is owing to the fact that Mobile web design faces many challenges, a significant one being that there is no uniform browser for mobile devices. Also, the different screen sizes are taken into account while designing a mobile website. But, it is possible to design a great mobile website by following these simple steps which are the following.
- While understanding the limitations of mobile phones, their capabilities such as phone, camera and SMS facility need to be recognized while designing the mobile site.
- Understanding the impatience of mobile users who want fast access to bite-sized content.
- Keeping it short and simple.
- Focusing on speed. As functionality is more important than style; large images, flash animation and video should be avoided which can slow the site down.
- Making it useful i.e. what a user on the move needs.
- Making the site compatible with all phones.
- Choosing a domain name that would make easier the search for the site.
- Site marketing to ensure customers finds the site. Investing time on SEO, paid search listings, operator portal and directory submissions is a good idea for marketing the site.
- Analysis should be done using a tool like Google Analytics to keep on improving the mobile website.
- Overspending should not be done. A simple start would bring the return on investments faster.
Summing up, designing a great mobile website takes only that much time as it takes one to breathe provided the above mentioned tips are followed in a meticulous manner with attention to the finest details. Thus, the creation of a great mobile website depends on the execution of a few simple steps. It is over and done with by the completion of these steps.