As a small business owner, there are a lot of things that you can do to help your business grow. One of those things is to have a website. Even if your business isn't entirely web-based, most people turn to the Internet to find information about whatever they need. Having a website, and using SEO, will attract those people, and get them to come to your business to meet their needs.
There are different ways to get a website. Some people choose to use a web designer. The problem with that is that it can be expensive, especially for a very small business or one that is just starting. Another option is to use something like WordPress. However, not everyone knows how to develop a website with WordPress.
You can easily build a WordPress website design by following some easy steps. This doesn't require many efforts and cost as well. When you have figured out how to build a website in WordPress, it\'s time to get it up so that everybody can see it. You need to find someplace to host it.
Another way is that you can use their free service, upon which extends what you can do, or you can make payment for their service, and create your web server. They are normally very simple to use, and you will have no difficulties loading and installing WordPress and your website to their service.
What are the requirements to start a WordPress blog?
There are three requirements to construct a WordPress blog:
- Unique domain name idea (this can be the name of your blog i.e wpbeginner.com)
- Name of a web hosting account (this is the place where your website live on the internet)
- Your entire attention for 30 minutes.
Yes, it is right by saying that you can flinch a blog from plight in less than 30 minutes, and we will let you through the whole procedure, step by step.
Step 1- Choosing a domain name and hosting
- For approximately 95% of operators, it makes more sensibleness to use WordPress.org also recognized as self-hosted WordPress. Why? Because it is available free to use, you can extract plugins, modify your site design, and most significantly earn money from your site without any limits.
- You need a domain name and web hosting. A domain name is what people search to reach out of your website. It's your website's address on the internet. Think google.com or wpbeginner.com.
- Web hosting is where your website stays live. It's your website's house on the internet. Every website needs web hosting.
Step 2- Install WordPress
- Over the CPanel, you will find dozens of minor icons for altered services and options. This can be a little prodigious, so overlook 95% of them because you don't need to use them.You will be transmitted to the Bluehost Marketplace Swift Install screen for WordPress. Press on the Start button.
- While visiting the next screen, you will be requested to choose your domain name. Select the domain from the dropdown and then click next. Further, you need to go into your Site Name, username, and a password for your site. You also have to check all the checkboxes and then press Install.
- The Quick Install will start installing WordPress. The marketplace will ready for you to browse WordPress themes, where WordPress is being updated.
- The WordPress login URL simply looks like this: http://yoursite.com/wp-admin
- You need to click on the WordPress login link to login to your dashboard.
Step 3- Selecting a WordPress Theme
- Themes are important as the visual appearance of your WordPress blog is controlled by them. There are hundreds of pre-made WordPress themes you are available with to install on your site. Few of them are free, while others are paid.
- Change the theme if you want to, by going to WordPress dashboard and clicking on Appearance Themes.
- Your next step clicks on the Add New button.
- The next screen will show you 5600+ free WordPress themes available in the official WordPress.org themes directory. Sort out them by popular, latest, featured, as well as other feature filters (i.e. industry, layout, etc.)
Step 4- Creating your blog
To start with your first blog post, click on the Posts Add New from the menu in your WordPress dashboard. You will see an editor area your first blog post is required to be written.
Step 5- Plugins & Customizations
Once you are done with your first blog post, you undoubtedly required to get started with totaling other usual elements on the website such as galleries, contact forms, sliders, etc. For all these additional features, you are required to use plugins which are also easily available online. When you have found the theme for your WordPress website design that you like, go to the Install button, click on it and wait for the theme to be installed.
After the install gets successful, the button will be replaced with an Activate button.
This can help you with your wordpress website designing in a simple way with zero coding efforts.