Each website designed, carries the few objectives, vision and dreams. Each page, even each section of a website has an innate purpose, as the home page is preordained to convey the consolidated insight about the website or the company or basic logics of owner. However, many a times when self-taught web designers design the web pages they tend to work on things within their own peripheries. At times, they seem to be incapable to widen their horizons. As result even after best tries to give a website, they often fail to do, and leave their clients dejected. There are few basic principles of web designing that seek attention of designers in order to shape out a perfect we structure. Some of the main aspects of web designing which have to be strictly looked at are :-
- Prioritize : In order to make your website more attractive prioritize your requirements and must focus on: Position : where everything is on a page clearly influences in what order the user perceives it.
- Color : using bold and subtle colors is a simple way to tell your user where to look.
- Contrast : being different makes things stand out, while being the same makes them secondary.
- Size : big takes precedence over little.
- Design Elements : if there is a gigantic arrow pointing at something, guess where the user will look.
- Maintain a Regular Flow : Consistency means making everything match. Header sizes, font choices, coloring, button styles, spacing, design elements, illustration styles, photo choices etc. everything should be themed to make your design coherent between pages. While working if the person is mysteriously taken to another page then the faith is broken and he will question your experience.
- Provide ample space between lines and paragraphs : Allow limited spaces between the lines. Keep your points reader friendly so that they may not lose track. Apart from this, it is important to develop a professional look and feel.
- Design : This is used to give balance, proportion and contrast to a page. Lot of white space tends to make things seem more elegant and up market. Do not ignore.
- Transparency : In order to win your client's trust it is always advisable that you put up a photograph on the About Us page. This way the client will get an idea about the people and the motive behind this website. Keeping your website updated with recent photographs will help you to win the faith of clients.
- Text Body : Keep the text font large enough (readable) so that the visitor does not face any difficulty while reading it. It might further more strain his eyes forcing him to give up midway.
- Navigate (plot an easy route): In direct connection with consistency, when a user comes to your page, article or site they are coming in from all the other pages, articles or sites out there. Guide them by display buttons around the site, which should be easy to locate, preferably towards the top of the page and easy to identify. Ensure that visitor should gets the desired page on minimum clicks and time.
- Usability : With myriad information and interaction to be affected on a website it is important that a web designer provides for it all.
- Comply with the basic rules : There are certain things people expect, and not giving them causes confusion. For example, if text has an underline, you expect it to be a link. Doing otherwise is not good usability practice.
- User Friendly : The possibilities of the site should be available and accessible by all. Not all visitors have the same easiness and some may prefer icons. Nevertheless, whatever visual mode is chosen the access to content should be simple, through and quick.
These principles are based on basic logics and visitor's comfort. After all they are the one for whom it is destined for, so next time consider these principles while initiating a web-designing project.