Content Management System, abbreviated as CMS, is a computer system that is used to manage the content of a website, which includes publishing, editing and modifying content. The fundamental motive of CMS is to present information on websites and promote that information. CMS may contain documents, videos, pictures or numeric data. Content Management System facilitates collaborative content management.
There are numerous advantages of CMS. It is extensively used by companies, individuals and corporate houses.
Some of the Advantages of a CMS Website are listed below:
- Easy access: No technical skills are required to publish or edit content through CMS. It is very easy to add data, videos, photos and other content through CMS. It is not necessary to be an IT expert to access a CMS website.
- Easy to Update: CMS is template based and thus very easy to update. The web design and layout are structured to maintain visual appearance and functionality. CMS based websites are designed for periodic updates.
- Cost-effective: Low operating costs and reduced maintenance costs make CMS websites cheap. On adding extra pages, generally, no additional design fees are incurred.
- SEO Optimization: Search Engine Optimization promotes CMS based websites and increases the visibility of the website on the internet. Generally CMS based websites feature social media integration and mobile-responsive design enhancing the reach of the websites.
- Design flexibility: CMS based websites can be customized as per the customers preferences. The flexibility in design makes theses websites user friendly.
- Performance Metrics: A CMS website provides statistics for page views, time spent on the website, the geographical location of visitors and more.
- RSS Feed: CMS based websites have feature of RSS Feed, which delivers daily feeds of the content you publish to the website visitors.
- Security: CMS based websites provide better security of the content by enabling selective control to publish and view the content.
CMS based websites are used to publish blogs, news, and information about products & services. Most corporate and marketing use CMS web development. Most CMS based websites include Web-based publishing, format management, revision control, indexing, search, and retrieval. It is evident that a Content Management System based website has numerous advantages. To summarize, a Content Management System based website is easy to access, cheap and user friendly.