Beginning of the year has warmed up the discussions amongst digital marketers about marketing trends which are expected to rule in 2017 and Content Marketing has stolen the greatest share of attention in such discussions. Counted as one of the most effective marketing available today, content marketing has carved big success stories in 2016 hence marketers have significantly raised their content marketing budget and with such great money on investment everyone is keen to decode the Content Marketing Trends That Will Rule 2017. Let's have a sneak peek:
Revival Of Email and e-Newsletters
- 2017 is expected to be the age of email renaissance according to content marketing giants. In the past five years, email marketing was considered to see an end by the year 2017. However, seems like it's not the end yet, email marketing is reviving and that too with a much stronger presence. The number of e-mail subscribers has increased surprisingly, which is driving the content marketers to churn out valuable content for these subscribers.
- Moreover, e-newsletters would be the ruling means to reach out to a larger audience. In fact, top media brands like Washington Post and The New York Times having over 75 e-newsletters and many people dedicated to newsletters prove that email marketing would see a complete revival this year. Hence, it would not be wrong to say that more and more brands would launch relevant and targeted e-newsletters to grow their audience.
Jump To Influencers
- Influencers are popular social media faces who have a large following, business owners are expected to use this influencer outreach to improve their engagement rates. 2017 would be the year where the influencers would become the center of attraction for content sharing. The influencer campaigns would skyrocket on social media and business owners would jump to these influencers to reach out to a larger pool of targeted audience.
- The key to successful influencer marketing is to find the right influencer. The right influencer is the one that has the relevant following; a following of audience who would be interested in the content that the brand is creating. In fact, many content marketing experts take cue from CNNs purchase of Casey Neistat (an influencer with 6 million followers) and predict that 2017 might even see the rise of influencers buying.
- 2017 would see the breakthrough of visual content taking over the written content. Video content would explode in 2017 and drive more than 69% of the internet traffic. A majority of marketers agree with the fact that videos bring in higher ROI as compared to any other form of content. This is pushing the content marketers to come up with more captivating and engaging video content that will drive large traffic. A large credit for this inclination towards video content in 2017 would go to the Live Videos offered by Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram etc. It would be unjust to overlook images that are the lingua franca of all the leading social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest. High-quality images that speak a thousand words are a great way to treat the eye of the audience. Rolex content marketing success story is the best example of image usage in content marketing.
- Eighty-one percent of marketers agree that interactive content grabs more attention than static content, says a CMI research report. Interactive content is much more relevant that static content, not just because it keeps the audience engaged but also because it provides valuable insights on how to repurpose the content to ascertain audience satisfaction. It also enhances the retention of the organization's message in the minds of the users. Kissmetric, Buzzfeed, and The Content Marketing Institute will become role models owing to the big success stories they have created using their interactive content. Quizzes, surveys, games, interactive infographics, calculators, interactive infographics and maps are amazing means to engage the audience with interactive content.
- Content marketers have acknowledged the hidden treasure that big data is and are using this big data to offer a more personalized content to the audience. 2017 would be the year when the big data that has been accumulated over the years would be used to hit the target audience with the right content at the right time. Content marketing campaigns would be tailored according to the data that reflects the audience's interests.
- Big data gives the marketers a more effective way to communicate with their audience. In 2017, an increasing number of marketers would be analyzing and improving their content using the data collected from the audience journey. In order to gain competitive advantage in 2017, it is crucial that you keep these content marketing trends in mind while creating a content marketing campaign. With everything, from e-Newsletter and data-driven content to interacting through content and influencer marketing, these rising trends would certainly be helpful in the making of a successful content marketing story.