So, you want to get a website made for your startup business. A wise decision it is! Surely you would have thought of a domain name and a concept for the site. But wait have you decided the Content Management System on which you want the site to be? For easy, cost-effective and flawless maintenance and management of your site (without any technical expertise or a developer) you need to have the right CMS.
Choosing the right CMS is an important decision and requires you to carefully consider certain vital factors like cost, quality, flexibility and control. If you want a win situation on all these parameters, then Joomla is hands down the best option you've got. It's developed in PHP language and it uses MySQL to store Data. This open source works on template system, facilitating users to conveniently publish their content and the site automatically wraps around it.
You might be wondering when the market presents several CMS to choose from, then what is so special about Joomla that makes it the king of the manor. Here is the answer to your question
The Joomla Journey
First released in 2005 An award-winning open source CMS The second most popular Content Management System in the world Has been downloaded over 60 million times Has 8000 free and paid extensions & designs
- Free & Flexible Being an Open Source Platform, Joomla is a budget-friendly alternative to the proprietary CMS. It can be downloaded and used for free. At a Joomla Web Development Company designers can easily modify the source codes to fit the requirements of your business. Flexible customization within budget and time is the reason why it is preferred for startups.
- Fast Loading As a startup business, the last thing you'd want is potential customers walking away because of your site took 10 seconds extra to open. But if your site is made on Joomla, the visitors are least likely to fret about delays in loading. With its powerful core features, this CMS is one of the fastest ones.
- Easy to Install As most startup businesses work on a tight budget, availing the services of an expert web developer can be a pinching expense. But when you are working with Joomla as your CMS, you can become the expert yourself. The setup is easy to understand and install hardly a matter of 10-15 minutes for a person already familiar with the fundamentals. And those who are clueless about it need not worry as the option of one click installation would get your work done in no time.
- Broad Applicability Joomla CMS can be painted with different strokes for different folks. From the simplest informative websites to news portals, recruitment sites and even the more complex e-commerce websites can be designed on this system with ease. So whatever be your nature of business, this platform with its wide applicability will boost the usability of your site.
- Language No Bar Is your startup business targeting a non-English-speaking audience? Worry not as Joomla is a cosmopolitan system. It understands Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Hebrew, Catalan, French and many other languages apart from English.
- Security Breach Doesn't Stand a Chance On this CMS, one does not simply access the directories by typing a URL in the address bar. Joomla has features that limit the accessibility till the authorized users, thereby providing a secure platform.
- A Huge Community of Developers One of the interesting facts about Joomla is that it is managed by an NGO, Open Source Matters, a community of volunteers who collectively develop and assist other developers in working with different modules and extensions of Joomla. Backed by the principles of sharing, volunteers from this community donate their time, knowledge and skills to make Joomla a more responsive platform for its users and their clients. The members develop new modules and modify the existing ones and also readily answer all the queries posted by other users, making the experience all the more enriching.
- Stunning Template Designs with over 8,000 Extensions A striking design for your startup website can translate into popularity, leading to success. At Joomla, there is a whole plethora of templates and themes to choose from. With addition of new features every now and then, you get to pick the best one of them for your website. Furthermore, the 8,000+ extensions (aka plugins) allow the designers to create unique websites and expand their functionality till wherever you want to.
- Relocate with Ease With a well-coded framework, your Joomla website can be easily relocated to another developer without any bugs. Also, if one server is causing some technical glitches, you can always move your website to another one without any anomalies.
- Interactive Admin Area Intuitive design of the admin area allows the website owner to easily play with the settings and web pages. You need not be a webmaster to deal with the backend processes. Furthermore, the multiple navigation sets and WYSIWIG editor are sure to make you feel empowered.
The final words
It must be clear to you by now that Joomla has everything you can ask for in a CMS. The latest version, Joomla 3.4 has also been introduced, offering a much more interactive platform with front end module editing, decoupling of web links and many other features. For a startup business, a good website can be the launch pad of success and undeniably, there can be no better way to do it than with Joomla.