PHP is very commonly used by web developers these days. A scripting language designed to produce dynamic web pages; PHP can be deployed as a standalone interpreter, on almost every operating system & platform and on most web servers free of charge. PHP is not considered as a very search engine friendly language but its use in web development has gained popularity in the recent years. Originally PHP stood for ‘Personal Home Page’; it now stands for ‘Hypertext Preprocessor’. PHP offers certain benefits which has made it a popular choice among the web developers. The benefits can be listed as:
- PHP does not require a framework for developing a website.
- It is a very safe and secure application.
- PHP offers one to choose a language that one is comfortable in.
- It supports different popular databases like, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase and others.
- PHP code can be embedded into the HTML source document and interpreted with a web server with a PHP module processor.
- It offers a fast turnaround time with a development cost that is very less.
- PHP requires very less codes in the development of a website.
- Helps in server- side scripting
- PHP can be deployed on most web servers, many operating systems and platforms, and can be used with many relational database management systems (RDBMS).
Thus, PHP offers several benefits which help in easy and effective web development. The safety and security aspect of this website is also very good as it is immune to a large number of vulnerabilities. The inherent advantageous features of this language will help to maintain its popularity irrespective of the new and more advanced ones that will be developed. That is why PHP is being increasingly incorporated for web development by many software companies nowadays.
PHP Website Development